Jump to searchboxZur Sprachauswahl springenJump to navigationJump to contentJump to footer

Health Insurance

Proof of health insurance is a condition of enrolment.

Students from EU and EFTA countries who are insured through their country health insurances programmes should apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). During temporary residence, you have access to medical services from the German public health service on the same conditions and costs as those insured here.
Private health insurance from other countries may also be recognized in Germany. This must be clarified in advance with a German public health insurance company.

Alternatively you may sign up for German health insurance.

DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) offers group insurance policies (health, accident, and liability) (PDF, 44 KB) to international students who, for example, are in Germany on the Erasmus programme.

Further Information
Health insurance - Deutsches Studentenwerk
European Health Insurance Card - European Commission

Help in the case of emergency (medical or otherwise) can be reached by calling the toll-free emergency number 112.