Service during the closure of the building on Charlottenstrasse
NEW: Media lending and retrun possible again in the library from 02.06.20
- From Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020, media can be borrowed and returned in the library after prior order and appointment (by email, phone). Those who take part in classroom lessons and are therefore already in the Charlottenstr. can also come to the library spontaneously. This service applies to the following times: Mon-Thurs: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Fri: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It is unfortunately not yet possible to use the library in presence until further notice.
Current media loans:
- The finning procedure is suspended until further notice; there are no fees at this time.
- Since borrowed media have a loan period, an e-mail is sent out five days before the end of the period - as before - as a reminder. With the user number (number on the library card) and the 6-digit date of birth as a password, the borrowed media can be extended via the online catalogue (login).
- The limitation of possible extensions has been suspended until further notice.
- In order to ensure the supply of study materials (sheet music, literature), it is possible to order individual pieces, texts, articles etc. in the library; by e-mail: bibliothek(at)hfm-berlin.de or by phone +49 (0) 30 688 305 - 895.
However, there are copyright restrictions here. Possible are:
Complete scans of free works (originator died before 1950)
Complete scans of protected "works of small size" (max. 6 pages of notes or 25
Pages of the book) and journal articles for the purpose of scientific research
75% of a protected work for the purpose of scientific research
15% of a protected work for use in a digital semester system
- We warmly welcome freshmen and new members of the university! To register in the library, please contact us by email or phone.
- Under this keyword, you will find a list of links to our licensed offers and research portals, digital offers of sheet music, open access books, journals, streaming services, etc. in the library's submenus. We are grateful for your comments on adding to the list.
- As before, you are welcome to send us your order requests for the purchase of new sheet music, books, CDs, DVDs - preferably by email.
- We are happy to advise you on questions about research and the services mentioned.
As soon as the building becomes generally accessible again, we will make it possible to use the library (taking back media and issuing ordered media), which is certainly still limited due to the required hygiene and protective measures.
(As of April 23, 2020)