Counseling and Support
In order to accompany all members of the school as effectively as possible during this time, in their studies, their personal situation, their place of work, the Hanns Eisler School of Music Berlin offers a broad range of counseling and support, which we have expanded further during this time. We would like to offer you an overview of the most important points of contact:
Hannah von Hunoltstein
Telefon: +49 (0)30 688 305 – 860
- Open online meeting
Tuesdays from 5 to 6:30 pm; registration and link via:
- Digital individual consultation (30 min)
Make an appointment here:
- Consultations with physicians and physiologists specialized in working with musicians are offered by the Kurt-Singer-Institut für Musikphysiologie und Musikergesundheit at the Charité hospital.
- The Eisler’s liaison team is available to discuss worries and problems which cannot be discussed with anyone else.
- Psychological and psychotherapeutic counselling for students dealing with personal conflict situations is also available from the Studierendenwerk.
- Advice and counselling for employees of the Eisler School is available from our company physician Dr. Kanig at Schmitz Consulting.
FAQs BAföG and Support
Social Trust Fund:
Students of the Hanns Eisler School of Music Berlin have the possibility to apply for financial support from the social fund of the AStA. For further information on the application process, please click here:
Federal aid for students:
The bridging aid of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) is intended to help students who can prove an acute emergency situation due to the corona pandemic.
The federal aid can be applied for by domestic and foreign students who are enrolled at state and state-recognized universities in Germany.
Detailed information and the application form can be found at:
BAföG recipients should not suffer any financial disadvantages from the COVID 19 pandemic.
- The period of pandemic closure of the university is treated like a lecture-free period.
- New students who cannot start their studies in summer semester 2020 as planned will receive their payments from the time lectures should have started regularly.
- As with classroom teaching, participation in online teaching, if provided by the university, is mandatory.
- The same applies for funding for studies abroad.
- In the event of unavoidable pandemic-related training breaks (e. g. postponement of the final examination), BAföG will continue to be granted for a certain time.
- If necessary documents (e. g. enrollment certificate, transcript of records) cannot not be presented on time due to pandemic-related restrictions, this does not prevent you from receiving the grant.
- If exams or courses cannot be attended (on time) due to coronavirus-related restrictions, a postponement of the submission date for the transcript of records can be requested.