Course offer in winter semester 2021-22
Courses must be registered on eislerCampus.
Course registration is possible from July 20th to September 19th, 2021.
- Please register for your courses within the registrateion period indicated above.
- Register for both compulsary and elective courses. You are automatically registered for compulsary individual lessions (main subject, correpetition, compulsary subject piano, amongst others). You can view all registered courses on eislerCampus under "My registrations".
- You can find a guide on eislerCampus in the folder "Infos Eisler eCampus" in the eislerCloud and on eislerCampus under "Guide".
- Your Options on eislerCampus
- Curriculum Plan
- Registration for Courses
- Choices (Elections) in your Curriculum Plan
In your eislerCampus you can review your state of studies, register for compulsory classes, electives and exams, and download documents, such as enrolment certificates and transcripts of records, amongst other things.
Identifier/"Kennung": your HfM email address
Password: the password of your HfM email address
After logging in you are automatically directed to the "Select term" page: by default the current semester is preselected, so in order to register for courses of the following semester you first have to select the respective semester.
1. Your Options on eislerCampus
1. My contact data ("Kontaktdaten"): You can change your contact data by clicking on “Change”/“Ändern” below each section.
2. Select term ("Semester wählen"): You can switch between the current and the next term.
3. University calendar ("Vorlesungsverzeichnis"): Only the electives are listed here.
4. My registrations ("Meine Anmeldungen"): A list of all courses and exams (past and present) you are registered for.
5. Curriculum plan ("Studienablaufplan"): see below chapter II
6. Certificate of enrolment ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung"): Click on the line of the term for which you would like to download an enrolment certificate. (This function is currently not available.)
7. Search ("Suche"): You can search for courses and teachers.
8. Guide ("Anleitung"): Link to the user manual.
9. Help ("Hilfe"): Are you struggling with eislerCampus or having further questions? Here you can directly contact us via email eislercampus.hilfe(at)adm.hfm-berlin.de
10. Language ("Sprache"): Select your preferred language here (German or English).
2. Curriculum Plan
The curriculum plan shows your study programme with all modules (printed bold) and the single classes and courses (printed non-bold) you will have to complete, including grades and credits. The column "Term" shows the recommended term for the respective task ("Teilleistung") according to your study plan ("Musterstudienplan"). The status of each task is indicated by the colour:
- red (orange): You have not started this task yet.
- yellow: You are registered for this task.
- green: You have successfully completed this task, either with a grade or a Testat ("Bestanden" or "Belegt").
Via the "Print" ("Drucken") button on the top of the page, you can print out your curriculum plan, via the "Reports" ("Berichte") button you can download a transcript of records ("Notenauszug"). (This function is currently not available.)
3. Registration for Courses
- No registration is needed for compulsory individual lessons: Main subject, Correpetition, compulsory subject Piano and the like (for specifics in some study programmes see below chapter V. FAQs b. Registration).
- Register for compulsory classes and exams via the curriculum plan.
- Register for electives via the University calendar.
First of all, make sure that semester is selected in which you would like to register for courses (via page "Select term"). Then open the curriculum plan or the University calendar, depending on whether you would like to register for a compulsory course or an elective.
4) On the next page, you are provided with details regarding registration, such as registration period and number of free places. In case all places are taken, or you wish to apply for an ensemble project (e.g.), you can join the waiting list. Click on "Registration" or "Join waiting list".
5) On the next page, you have to indicate in which module and for what task ("brick"/"Teilleistung") you want to use this course: complete compulsory classes before registering for electives; complete classes listed at the top of your curriculum plan first. In addition, hint symbols marked with asterisks of different colours will provide you with further guidance.
When registering for chamber music, please provide additional information in the field "My notes on registration" ("Anmerkung des Studierenden") regarding the number of ensembles (in case you want to complete more than one chamber music task within the same semester), ensemble members, repertoire, desired teacher.
6) Then click on the "Register" ("Anmelden") button. If successful, your registration will be confirmed and appear in the list "My registrations". Your registration will not be successful if the registration period is over or if you are not allowed to register for this course.
7) In order to de-register or to get removed from the waiting list, click on "Show" on the page "My registrations" in the column "Details".
Then click on the link "Deregister" or "Remove me from waiting list". In the list "My registrations" your cancelled registration will still be visible with the registration status "Signed off".
4. Choices (Elections) in your Curriculum Plan
Whenever there is the above symbol in your curriculum plan, you have to make a choice in order to be able to register for the corresponding classes. This holds for Musicology/"Musikwissenschaften", Focus areas/"Schwerpunkte" and (in some study programmes) Extraordinary competences/"Außerfachliche Kompetenzen".
- Click on the line besides the symbol in your curriculum plan.
- Click on the button "Edit election" ("Wahl anpassen").
- Tick the check boxes of the modules you would like to attend, then confirm.
- Now you will see the corresponding courses in your curriculum plan and will be able to register for them.
- As long as you are not registered for any corresponding courses, you can still change modules the same way.
How do I know which courses I have received credits for in the different modules, in the elective area or other areas of study?
From now on, you will see your courses in the list "My registrations"; the course titles will be added in your curriculum plan at a later stage.
There are some Testate missing in my curriculum plan – when and how will they be added?
The attestation of group lessons and electives of the summer semester 2021 is currently taking place; the attestation of compulsory individual lessons will take until the beginning of the winter semester 2021/22. In case earlier Testate are missing please contact the respective teacher.
Do I have to register for my compulsory music theory classes?
If you have already attended a music theory class, please register for Tonsatz (Music Theory) and Gehörbildung (Ear Training) according to your curriculum plan with the same teacher as before. If you are not sure which course exactly to register for, your teacher can help you.
New students will be assigned to music theory courses and do not have to register.
Are there exceptions from the general registration rules in my study programme?
In some study programmes, you will also have to register for compulsory individual lessons:
- BA Wind instruments: Please register for the minor instrument ("Nebeninstrument").
- BA Harp: Please register for Voice Training.
- BA HiZeiTo, BA Composition: Please register for Conducting.
- MA Chamber Music: Please register for the main subject via your curriculum plan in the course chamber music ("Kammermusik").
What do I have to do in order to register for chamber music?
When you register for chamber music, please add the following information in the field "My notes on registration" ("Anmerkung des Studierenden"): number of ensembles (in case you want to complete more than one chamber music task within the same semester), ensemble members (if already existent), repertoire, desired teacher. If you have any questions about the matter, please contact Wayne Foster-Smith (wayne.foster-smith(at)doz.hfm-berlin.de).
The registration deadline for chamber music is September 13th! Later registrations can only be accepted to complete incomplete ensembles - in that case please also contact Wayne Foster-Smith.
In some courses, e. g. ensemble projects, I can only join the waiting list. When and how will I know if I have a place in the course/project?
Before the beginning of the project or the course, you are able to see in the list "My registrations" whether your status has changed from "Waiting list" to "Participant" or "Not admitted"/"Signed off". For further information, please contact the respective teacher; for ensemble projects, please contact the Orchestra Management.
I have to complete only 2 credits in the elective area. Can I register for electives with 4 credits?
No, you can only register for courses whose credits add up to the lacking amount plus one: so in this case you can only register for a course or courses with no more than 3 credits in total.
I cannot register for an elective although I still have credits due in the elective areas. Why is that so?
In the Master’s programme in orchestral instruments, it is compulsory to complete 4 credits with courses in musicology or music theory. If those are missing, you cannot elect other courses.
Can I still change modules after the election?
Yes, as long as you are not registered for any corresponding courses you can still change modules.
Please note: Piano Master's Students make their choice of focus area for their entire course of study – it is not possible to make changes at a later point!
Focus area: Am I automatically registered for the courses of a module after the election of a module?
No – after the election of a module you have to register for the corresponding courses.
Musicology: Do I have to do "Historische Stilkunde" or "Geschichte und Ästhetik der Musik"?
Information for first semester students: For the mandatory courses on music history, you can choose between the different options "Historische Stilkunde I" and "Geschichte & Ästhetik I":
- In the module "Historische Stilkunde", broad music-historical knowledge is introduced and many musical examples are presented and listened to. The module is usually completed after two semesters with an oral exam.
- In the module "Geschichte & Ästhetik", in addition to music-historical knowledge, cultural-historical and aesthetic issues are addressed in more depth. The module can also be completed with a written term paper.
Furthermore, for attending "Geschichte & Ästhetik" a German language level of at least B2.2 is recommended.