Course registration takes place via the students' portal eislerCampus. Please note the information on the course registration period given there!
To the eislerCampus course registration
- Your registration is only valid if you are also re-registered.
- Missing information about courses may be added continuously (e. g. dates or descriptions).
What do you have to do?
- You must register for all required and elective courses — with the exception of required individual classes such as main class, correpetition, and required piano (you will be assigned to these classes).
- Before you register for a course of a focus area, you must select this focus area first in the plan of your study programme. Examples:
- Musicology: Historic Stylistics (‘Historische Stilkunde’) versus History and Aesthetics (‘Geschichte und Ästhetik der Musik’)
- Voice: Artistic Profile Formation (‘Künstlerische Profilbildung’): Opera versus Concert
- Instrumental Bachelors: Focus area Pedagogy vs. Orchestra vs. Chamber Music
- Registration for chamber music: if you want to join more than one chamber music group in a semester, please register for the corresponding number of ensembles/courses:
- "Kammermusik" for one ensemble
- for the second ensemble also "Kammermusik (2. Gruppe)", etc
- If you no longer wish to participate in a course, please deregister.
Please find further information and FAQs in the eislerCloud.
How do I know which courses I have received credits for in the different modules, in the elective area or other areas of study?
You will see your courses in the list "My registrations"; the course titles will be added in your curriculum plan at a later stage.
There are some Testate missing in my curriculum plan – when and how will they be added?
The attestation of all kinds of lessons of the current semester will take place after the lecture period. In case earlier Testate are missing please contact the respective teacher.
Do I have to register for my compulsory music theory classes?
If you have already attended a music theory class, please register for Tonsatz (Music Theory) and Gehörbildung (Ear Training) according to your curriculum plan with the same teacher as before. If you are not sure which course exactly to register for, your teacher can help you. New students will be assigned to music theory courses and do not have to register.
Are there exceptions from the general registration rules in my study programme?
In some study programmes, you will also have to register for compulsory individual lessons:
- BA Wind instruments: Please register for the minor instrument ("Nebeninstrument")
- BA Harp: Please register for Voice Training
- BA HiZeiTo, BA Composition: Please register for Conducting
- MA Chamber Music: Please register for the main subject via your curriculum plan in the course "Kammermusik MA (1.-4. Sem.)"
What do I have to do in order to register for chamber music?
When you register for chamber music, please add the following information in the field "My notes on registration" ("Anmerkung des Studierenden"): ensemble members (if already existent), repertoire, desired teacher. If you have any questions about the matter please contact Johanna Staemmler (johanna.staemmler[at]doz.hfm-berlin.de).
If you want to complete more than one chamber music task within the same semester, please register for the corresponding number of courses: "Kammermusik" for one ensemble; for the second ensemble also "Kammermusik (2. Gruppe)", for the third also "Kammermusik (3. Gruppe)".
If you would like to do chamber music as part of your focus area ("Schwerpunkt") Kammermusik, please make sure you have already elected that focus area — if necessary Kammermusik I AND II — into your curriculum.
In some courses, e. g. ensemble projects, I can only join the waiting list. When and how will I know if I have a place in the course/project?
Before the beginning of the project or the course, you are able to see in the list "My registrations" whether your status has changed from "Waiting list" to "Participant" or "Not admitted"/"Signed off". For further information, please contact the respective teacher; for ensemble projects, please contact the Orchestra Office.
I have to complete only 2 credits in the elective area. Can I register for electives with 4 credits?
No, you can only register for courses whose credits add up to the lacking amount plus one: so in this case you can only register for a course or courses with no more than 3 credits in total.
I cannot register for an elective although I still have credits due in the elective areas. Why is that so?
In the Master's programme in orchestral instruments, it is compulsory to complete 4 credits with courses in musicology or music theory. If those are missing, you cannot elect other courses.
Can I still change modules after the election?
Yes, as long as you are not registered for any corresponding courses you can still change modules.
Please note: Piano Master's Students make their choice of focus area for their entire course of study – it is not possible to make changes at a later point!
Focus area: Am I automatically registered for the courses of a module after the election of a module?
No – after the election of a module you have to register for the corresponding courses.
Musicology: Do I have to do "Historische Stilkunde" or "Geschichte und Ästhetik der Musik"?
Information for first semester students: For the mandatory courses on music history, you can choose between the options "Historische Stilkunde I" and "Geschichte & Ästhetik I":
- In the module "Historische Stilkunde", broad music-historical knowledge is introduced and many musical examples are presented and listened to. The module is usually completed after two semesters with an oral exam.
- In the module "Geschichte & Ästhetik", in addition to music-historical knowledge, cultural-historical and aesthetic issues are addressed in more depth. The module can also be completed with a written term paper.
Furthermore, for attending "Geschichte & Ästhetik" a German language level of at least B2.2 is recommended.